Sunday, April 5, 2009

This week's pizza: asparagus and mushroom


It's spring, right? So what's more fitting than asparagus pizza? On a base of half whole-wheat, half white flour pizza dough, homemade pesto from last summer, cheapo shredded pizza cheese, the white button mushrooms and asparagus just sunk in and got right at home. I've started baking my pizzas on my silpat silicone baking pan liner, which allows me to really pile on the ingredients. If I tried to do that on the pizza peel and slide it onto the pizza stone, I'd have half the ingredients on the bottom of my oven. In fact, the bottom of the oven shows much evidence of previous mishaps.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so glad that you told me about your new blog! I too read Food Matters and loved it. Though, I would like some recipes on this blog!

    ReplyDelete