Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cookies and Cream Ice Cream

cookies n cream ice cream

So, the other week, I made mocha ice cream. It had a pretty strong coffee component, of course. Just the thought of it made Isaac wince. To make up for that self-indulgence (I love coffee ice cream), I made him his favorite. I used the recipe in Making Artisan Gelato, but I thought it called for a ridiculously small amount of cookies (5!), so increased that to about 12, which I froze before chopping into chunks and stirring into the finished ice cream. You can see all thank chunky hydrogenated vegetable oil laden goodness in the photo. I discovered, by the way, that big chunks of stuff will stop the Cuisinart from churning. Who woulda thunk?

The ice cream was a big hit. He said something like “this is a cut above store-bought.” Without thinking, I answered, “I should think so!” Immediately I realized how awful that sounded and added on some fawning thank-yous.

No comments:

Post a Comment