Sunday, December 13, 2009

Quinoa Croquettes and Sweet Potato “Fries”

DSC_0086

It’s been a long time since last I blogged. Life does get in the way of one’s hobbies. This meal came together because I wanted to make sweet potato fries. But what to have with them? Chicken? Eh. But, then I thought, wait, I have some quinoa that I need to figure out how to use. Let’s make it the center of the meal—it’s a protein after all… And thus was born, this meal. Not bad with a glass of sauvignon blanc. Worth making again.

Quinoa and Potato Croquettes

1 cup of cooked quinoa
1 Idaho baker, steamed or boiled until mashable
1 small onion
1 clove of garlic
1 t. cumin
1 t. coriander
2 t. paprika
1 t. oregano
1 T. olive oil
chopped parsley
1 egg
1/3 cup of jack cheese

Sauté onion until soft. Add spices and garlic and cook a minute longer. Combine with mashed potatoes and quinoa. Stir in egg, parsley and cheese. Form into patties and press them into bread crumbs before pan frying in olive oil.

The fries are oven baked with a light coating of olive and salt. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. That does sound good. I love quinoa. I used to make a similar recipe with some cilantro in it that I learned in the linguistics department "bake sales" where the Middle Eastern wives would send in stuff like potato cakes! MMM.

    ReplyDelete