Sunday, January 3, 2010

Curried Broccoli Salad

broccoli_salad

My new year’s resolution is to eat more vegetables. While I like broccoli, I am not a fan of eating it raw unless it has some kind of lovely creamy (fattening) dressing. However, while in the village of Wauwatosa I ate at the One Way Cafe and had a really wonderful curried broccoli salad. It was made with mayonnaise, but I substituted a combination of sour cream and nonfat yogurt with spectacular results.

2 T. sour cream
1/2 c. nonfat yogurt
curry powder to taste (about a teaspoon)
1 T. honey
2 T. apple cider vinegar
3 broccoli crowns with stems
1/2 c. golden raisins

I use the stems of the broccoli because once you have peeled them they are sweet and tender.  Mix together the wet ingredients, combine with the broccoli and raisins. Eat. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I look forward to having the funds to get more fresh, organic vegetables--we are rationing things so carefully these days--lots of beans and pasta!

    ReplyDelete