Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blueberry Jam

Okay, so I cheated and used frozen blueberries from the grocery. Sue me. What I got out of it was jam with the perfect amount of jiggle and sweetness. Most blueberry jams you buy in the grocery store are too stiff, too sweet, and contain too many whole blueberries, the latter of which makes spreading the jam on toast a bit of a challenge. The jam was brilliant on Michael's sourdough pancakes this morning.


For those of you who care, assuming anyone really reads this blog, I did use the low-sugar/no-sugar pectin when making this jam. In the midst of things, I searched for a good book on jam-making and discovered a movement in favor of not using pectin at all. So I bought The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves to learn more about the no-pectin method.

No comments:

Post a Comment