Saturday, January 22, 2011

Whole Wheat Pancakes with Yogurt and Blueberry Sauce

In an effort to lose those post-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas pounds that crept on, I often turn away from butter and syrup on my weekend pancakes. In addition, I try to increase the ratio of whole grains in my diet. When I can wrestle away the pancake making privileges from Michael, I like to make these:

Whole Wheat Pancakes

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 c. all-purpose unbleached flour
1 T. baking powder
1T. sugar or honey
1 T. light flavored oil
2 eggs
1 c. lowfat milk
1/4 c. lowfat or nonfat yogurt

Throw this all together in the usual manner, dry ingredients with dry, wet with wet, stir well, but not too well, and cook in medium skillets (we like our well-seasoned cast iron ones) two at a time for optimal eating while hot.

I topped mine with more yogurt (slightly strained nonfat) and blueberry sauce (aka runny blueberry jam). Delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment