Saturday, April 23, 2011

Carne Adovada

A good friend of mine grew up in Albuquerque, and she has taught me to love New Mexican cuisine that features green chiles. But more than the green chiles, I fell in love with PORK, specifically carne adovada (or adobada) at the Frontier there in Albuquerque. Interestingly, on their menu, carne adovada is considered a "bulk item."

When our dinner group friends said they were making carne adovada, I got pretty excited. It totally lived up to my expectations, but I have to say that I was even more enchanted by the margarita martinis (or margatinis) they served beforehand.
The carne adovada was also wonderful. The trick to making this is a long marinade and long, slow cooking, which renders the pork into a fork tender dream. If the photo is a little blurry, blame the margatinis.

No comments:

Post a Comment