Saturday, May 21, 2011

Kale and Quinoa Salad with Arugula Pesto and Beehive Cheese

I would be a terrible cookbook writer. I don't measure, unless I absolutely must. Case in point--I made arugula pesto today. Here's the recipe:

two cloves of garlic, medium-ish
large handful of walnuts, or whatever nut you have on hand
a bunch of arugula
glugs of olive oil (extra virgin of course)
salt

Blend in food processor until it is the consistency you like. That's it.

Using said pesto, today I made a quinoa and kale salad with
approximately 1 c. of cooked chilled quinoa
1 bunch of Italian kale, cut into ribbons
large spoonful of arugula pesto (1/4 cup maybe?)
a glug of apple cider vinegar
shredded Beehive Promontory Apple Walnut Smoked cheese



I had no idea Italian kale was so tasty. Not bitter, not stringy, easy to eat raw. Both the kale and the arugula came from the Cache Valley Gardeners Market. I got there early today so I wouldn't miss the good stuff!

Later tonight, arugula pizza with provolone piccante (sharp provolone)!

No comments:

Post a Comment